Sidney North Saanich Yacht Club Racing
Challenging Racing And Social Happenings
September 14th to 16th, 2018.
Come and have fun at our third year with a re-organized, rebranded and restructured all time great CRASH Regatta. Great features include:
- Terrific facilities at Port Sidney Marina
- $30 registration for boats from mainland B.C., Nanaimo and north on Vancouver Island and from the USA - includes one Saturday Night Dinner Ticket. Multihulls welcome!
- Professional on-the water race management, International Race Officer John Abel leads our well trained race management team; larger race marks
- Terrific prospects for one design racing, Multihulls, Melges 24, Martin 242s, Hotfoots and Cal 20’s.
- Canada Cruising Class: for cruisers who don’t participate in club racing with their own easy start and races. Participate in all “after-racing” fun activities.
- Peninsula Co-op’s Free hamburger and corn dinner Friday night.
- Peninsula Co-op’s Free improved breakfasts each morning
- Great hospitality tent for social happenings – fun onshore activities
- Entertainment Racing videos of the days racing starting as soon as the first boat arrives back – sponsored by Atlas Audio Video.
- Black Angus Band: the darling of the Bard and Banker and Irish Times Pubs as well as a big hit at Butchart Gardens will play for our after dinner dance.
- Affordable meals and drinks, including Steak Barbeque for all participants Saturday evening. – provided by Bridgeman’s Bistro.
- Wonderful prizes including local produce/gift baskets, prizes also on Saturday evening.
- Free camping and RV parking available on request.
- Generous sponsors who are reaching out to support racing in our community
- Free moorage and layover at the yacht club for boats wishing to stay after Maple Bay or to compete in the VIRS CFSA Regatta the following week
- Team competitions for VIRS Awards.
Visit our website: www.crashregatta.com
Registration opens on May12th 2018
SNSYC has an active, year-round racing program that offers both distance and round-the-buoys racing. In the winter we race on Sundays and in warmer months we race on Wednesday evenings as well as some Sundays. In addition, we also organize the overnight Patos Island Race in the Spring, the Challenging Racing and Social Happenings (CRASH) Regatta in late Summer and participate in similar races and regattas organized by other clubs as part of the Vancouver Island Racing Series (VIRS).